People Are Now Drinking Coffee Straight From Avocados
Pumpkin Spice Latte Mousse Recipe
Total Time: 2 hours (including chill time)
Yield: 3 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored powdered gelatin
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 double short Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte made with heavy cream and 3 pumps syrup, no whipped cream
- 1 ½ cups cold heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks, brown sugar, and salt until pale, about 1 minute.
- In a small saucepan, heat Pumpkin Spice Latte over medium, stirring occasionally, until it just starts steaming (not boiling). Gradually whisk warm latte into egg mixture until combined; return to saucepan. Stirring constantly, cook over medium until mixture thickens, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and whisk in gelatin mixture. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard and let cool to room temperature (do not refrigerate), about 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup cream until soft peaks form. Use an electric mixer if you have one, or whisk by hand to strengthen that wrist... for, um, other activities.
- With a spatula, gently fold cream into custard mixture until thoroughly combined. Divide among individual cups, cover, and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, beat 1/2 cup cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Top mousse with whipped cream.