Here's How to Master the Summer BBQ on a Budget
Queso Dip Recipe
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in cornstarch until combined and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Do not undercook it or your queso will be grainy.
- Add milk and whisk until combined and smooth. Reduce heat to low and stir in cream cheese until combined. Add a handful of cheese and stir until melted. Keep adding just a handful at a time until all cheese is incorporated. Again, don’t rush it or increase the heat because you’ll end up with grainy queso.
- Stir in tomatoes, chiles, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Serve immediately.