Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Fondue Fries Are Like an Edible Sports Bar
How to Make Quinoa
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer with cool water for about 2 minutes; drain well. Don't skip this step! It removes the bitterness that quinoa naturally has.
- Combine rinsed quinoa and water in a 2-quart saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Fluff quinoa gently with a fork.
Quinoa Fritters Recipe
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen hash browns
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Place hash browns in a large glass bowl and microwave for 3 minutes, until warm. Add the cooked quinoa and salt. Stir to combine.
- Preheat a large skillet on the stove over medium heat. Add oil and heat until it shimmers (about 1 minute). Scoop quinoa mixture with an ice cream scooper into the pan and smash it flat with a metal spatula. Make more patties to fill the skillet (without overcrowding). Cook until the undersides are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve with aioli, ketchup, or Sriracha mayo.
Chocolate Quinoa Cake Recipe
Total Time: 50 minutes, plus chilling time
Yield: 9x13-inch cake
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan; set aside.
- Combine quinoa, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in a blender or food processor and puree until completely smooth. Stop the machine as needed to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. It should be thick and creamy, with no beads of quinoa left.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the blender contents to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 28-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before inverting it onto a wire cooling rack. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium-size glass bowl. Heat the cream in a medium saucepan until it barely simmers. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes to melt.
- Whisk until chocolate is smooth and glossy. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or until completely cool.
- Once chilled, use an electric mixer to whip the chocolate cream into soft peaks.
- Scoop the frosting onto the cake and gently spread it across to the edge.
Quinoa "Mac" and Cheese Recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, milk, and mustard. Add quinoa and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon mac and cheese into greased ramekins or a small baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
Quinoa Pudding Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 cups
- 3 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Diced strawberries and chopped pistachios for serving
- Combine milk, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add quinoa; stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature or chill it in the fridge for cold pudding.
- Spoon quinoa pudding into small bowls and top with strawberries and pistachios.
Quinoa Pizza Crust Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 small slices
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa and mozzarella. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, olive oil, and baking powder. Add the egg mixture to the quinoa. Stir until well combined.
- Spread the quinoa mixture into a ¼-inch slab on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Top the crust with toppings of choice and return pizza to the oven for 5 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Chocolate Quinoa Truffles Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes, plus chilling time
Yield: 48 truffles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups quick oats
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate for coating
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, Nutella, cocoa powder, and honey in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until combined and smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add quinoa and oats; mix until combined.
- Scoop tablespoons of the mixture and roll them into balls with your hand. Place on a baking sheet and cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler until smooth. Remove the chocolate balls from the fridge and dunk them in the melted chocolate. Place them on a wire rack to set.