Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Maple Ginger Switchel
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 5-inch piece fresh ginger (approximately 6 ounces)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 4 cups water or club soda
- Mint springs, to garnish
- Shave 1 piece of fresh ginger. Mince using a hand-grater until it the ginger becomes a fine pulp.
- In a large pitcher or jar, combine ginger pulp, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and lime juice, and stir until the maple syrup is dissolved. Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- To serve, dilute with water or club soda, and add gin. Pour the switchel into ice-filled cocktail glasses, and garnish with a sprig of mint.