Stop What You're Doing and Make These Jalapeño Popper-Stuffed Turkey Burgers Right Now
With so many different meats, breads, toppings, cheeses, and sauces to choose from, the beauty of burgers is that they're oh so customizable. While we appreciate the classic cheese, lettuce, and tomato get-up, we're always looking for fresh, inventive takes on the time-honored sandwich -- which is why we're drooling over Twisted's recipe for jalapeño popper-stuffed turkey burgers. Spicy, cheesy, and decked out with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and chipotle aioli for extra flair, these burgers offer a flavor boost like no other.
Jalapeño Popper-Stuffed Turkey Burgers
- 2 ounces panko breadcrumbs
- 1⅕ pounds ground turkey
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 7 ounces cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1¾ ounces Parmesan, grated
- 3 jalapeño peppers, chopped and divided
- 6½ ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 brioche buns
- 1 package thin-sliced bacon, cooked
- Your choice of cheese, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Burger sauce, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, panko breadcrumbs, ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese, 1 chopped jalapeño pepper, 3 crushed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Parmesan, 2 crushed garlic cloves, remaining cheddar cheese, and 2 chopped jalapeños, and parsley.
- Take a handful of the turkey mixture and flatten it into thin patties. Place a tablespoon of the cream cheese-jalapeño mix on the middle of the patty, and curl the meat around it so the cheese is fully encased by the meat. Repeat until you've used up all the turkey mixture.
- Make The Burger Sauce: In a small bowl, mix together ½ cup ketchup, ½ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, a finely diced gherkin, and a finely diced white onion. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized frying pan, heat olive oil, and fry the patties until each is golden brown and cooked through. Add your choice of sliced cheese to each patty and melt as desired.
- Spread the burger sauce on the bottom brioche bun, and layer the sliced tomato, cucumber, onion, bacon, and top bun. Serve.