This Burrito Is Stuffed With Chilaquiles
Red Velvet Churro French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, at room temp.
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- For french toast: whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, food coloring, and cocoa in a shallow bowl until smooth and lump free. We recommend using an electric hand mixer.
- Dip bread slices into red velvet egg wash and press lightly a few times to soak through completely. Flip each slice and repeat with each bread slice until slices are all evenly coated.
- Heat a large nonstick pan/skillet over low-medium heat and fry the bread in batches of 3 or 4, turning once until just cooked through. Remove and place onto a warmed plate.
- For icing: combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. We recommend using an electric hand mixer, and mix until smooth. Transfer icing to piping/ Ziploc bag and pipe onto french toast. Dig in!