The Mexican-Style Grasshopper Tacos You Have to Try When You're in South Beach
Riesling Hot Toddy
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle riesling or gewurztraminer
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 2 tablespoons honey, or additional to taste
- 3 whole bay leaves
- 1 lemon, halved
- 5 large lemon peels
- 4 lemon wheels, to garnish
- Toast the cardamom pods in a dry skillet over high heat, tossing often until fragrant (approximately 3 minutes). Crush with a mortar and pestle or muddle in a mixing glass.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the peels of 1 lemon, the white wine, brandy, honey, toasted cardamom pods, and bay leaves. Squeeze the juice from the lemon you peeled into the pot.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and reduce the heat to low. Steep for approximately 45 minutes while covered.
- Strain out the solids and divide the mixture between 4 serving mugs. Garnish each with a lemon wheel and serve.