This Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini Makes Dessert Obsolete
What's not to like about caramel? It's sweet, guaranteed to give you cavities (bless that dental plan), and could possibly kill you when slathered about an apple (what a rush!). It also works wonders alongside vodka and chocolate, as evidenced by this salted caramel chocolate martini by DrinksMadeEasy. So skip dessert and go straight for this -- it's got all the sweetness you could possibly require, plus alcohol. Here's how to make it.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Martini
Yield: 2 cocktails
- Caramel sauce or melted caramels
- Sea salt
- 3 ounces chocolate liqueur
- 3 ounces caramel-infused vodka
- 12 caramel candies
- 1 handle vodka, of your choice
- 2 ounces half and half
- Dark chocolate, grated, to garnish
- To make the caramel-infused vodka, add 12 caramel candies to a 22-ounce jar (approximately ¼ of the volume). Fill the jar with vodka up to the rim and seal well. Shake or agitate every 6-12 hours, and let infuse for 24-48 hours.
- To make the cocktail, begin by preparing the martini glasses. Dip their rims in caramel sauce and roll them in sea salt. Add ice to the glasses to let them chill, and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the chocolate liqueur, caramel-infused vodka, and the half and half. Cover and shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Dump the ice from the prepared cocktail glasses, and strain the martini mixture evenly into each one.
- Garnish with freshly shaved dark chocolate, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.