Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Breakfast Bread Boats
- 4 French rolls
- ½ pound ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Pepper and salt, to taste
- Sriracha, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Carefully hollow out the bread rolls, making sure the outside of the bread remains intact.
- Slice the mushrooms and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook the breakfast sausage until cooked through.
- Coat the inside of the buns with butter. Add 3-4 tablespoons of breakfast sausage followed by the Cheddar cheese, sliced mushrooms, spinach leaves, and the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and crack one egg into each bread boat. Return them to the oven for an additional 4-5 minutes and until the egg whites set and cooked appropriately (the yolks should be somewhat runny).
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle with Sriracha and serve immediately.