This 30-Pound Bacon, Egg & Cheese Is the Size of a Car Tire
Mac & Cheese of the Sea
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 lb peeled and deveined uncooked shrimp
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Goldfish crackers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F degrees and bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a medium saucepan on medium, and add two tablespoons of the butter to the pan. Then add in the shrimp, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Remove from the heat.
- Melt the remaining butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add in the flour and stir until the mixture is lightly browned, about one to two minutes.
- Add in the milk and whisk to remove any lumps. Then add the salt and pepper and cook the sauce over medium-high heat until it thickens and starts to bubble, about six minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Take the pan off of the heat. Add in drained pasta. Transfer to a large bowl or cast iron skillet, mix in the cooked shrimp, and top with the Goldfish for crunch.