Make This Sushi Burrito at Home, Become a Snack Legend
Shamrock Shake Pancakes with Guinness Syrup
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10-12 pancakes
- 2 (11.2-ounce) bottles Guinness stout
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups Bisquick Original Pancake Mix
- 1 small McDonald’s Shamrock Shake, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for griddle
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Fresh whipped cream and maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Boil Guinness and sugar in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally, until syrupy and thick, about 30 minutes. You should end up with 6 ounces (2/3 cup).
- In the meantime, make the pancakes. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 200℉ and preheat griddle or nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix Bisquick, 1 cup of Shamrock Shake, eggs, oil, and baking powder. Stir until just combined and don’t overdo it. There should be lumps visible.
- Brush griddle with a paper towel soaked with vegetable oil. Using a dry measuring cup, scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each pancake. When the bubbles on top burst and leave holes on the surface, they’re ready to flip. Cook the other sides until golden brown, about 1 minute. Transfer pancakes to the baking sheet in the oven to keep warm while you make the rest.
- Stack pancakes and serve with Guinness syrup, whipped cream, and cherries.