You Don't Need a Campfire for Skillet S'mores
You don’t have to go outdoors for classic summer s’mores -- just toss chocolate chips in a skillet and top with mini ‘mallows. In five minutes, you’ll have a golden cloud of fluffy marshmallows covering a lake of oozing chocolate. Grab graham crackers for dipping, and you’ll never want to risk burning down your house with an illegal backyard fire again.
Skillet S'mores Recipe
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 15 jumbo marshmallows, cut in half crosswise
- 8-10 graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place butter in an 8-inch cast-iron skillet and put it in the oven while it preheats.
- Once butter melts, remove the skillet from the oven. Swirl to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Add chocolate chips in an even layer on the bottom of the skillet. Arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely. Return to oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Serve warm with graham crackers.