Sloppy Grilled Cheese Taco
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 7 oz beef mince
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz tomato puree
- 4 slices white bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 1/2 oz Red Leicester cheese, grated (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 3 1/2 oz mozzarella, grated
- For topping:
- sliced spring onions, sliced chillies, sour cream, paprika, diced tomatoes, coriander
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan then add the onion and cook until soft. Add your minced beef and brown.
- Add the taco seasoning, salt and pepper then stir until evenly coated and cook out for 2 minutes.
- Pour in your tomato puree and stir to combine. Reduce a little if necessary (you are looking for a thick spoonable consistency).
- Take your bread slices and flatten each one with the palm of your hand. Pile up the cheese on one half of each sandwich then top with the other bread slice. Flatten as much as possible. Butter the outer edges.
- Heat the remaining butter and some oil in a frying pan and place the sandwich down. Cook until crisp and golden on one side then flip and repeat.
- Take the grilled cheese sandwich and lie over a rolling pin to form a taco shape. Fill with the spiced beef mince, sour cream, spring onions, chillies, paprika, tomatoes, and some coriander.