Yield: 15 servings
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (3- or 4-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 apples, diced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the pork: In a bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. On a cutting board, coat pork with dry rub. Transfer pork to slow cooker; cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low until pork easily falls apart. Drain fat and shred with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Prepare the BBQ sauce: In a bowl, combine ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, honey and TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce; pour over pork and stir to combine. Turn slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.
- Prepare the apple slaw: In a large bowl, combine slaw and apple. In another bowl, mix yogurt, vinegar, TABASCO® Chipotle Sauce, honey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over slaw and stir to coat completely. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To serve, place pork on rolls and top with a heaping scoop of apple slaw.