It's Worth Getting Sloppy For This Grilled Cheese Taco
Smoked Tuna Dip and Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 2 - 8 oz Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks
- 3 tbsp Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 cup of try colored bell peppers minced
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of 16/20 count white shrimp
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Tequila
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- (Option: a pinch or two of cayenne pepper)
- Season the two fresh tuna steaks and season all sides with the Cajun/Creole seasoning.
- Set up a grill/smoker for indirect cooking, and using 2 to 3 alder wood chunks for smoke. Place tuna steaks on grate, and smoke at 225°F until internal temperature reaches a medium rare (125°F).
- Remove tuna steaks from the grill and wrap in foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Now break all the tuna apart into small pieces, and put into a mixing bowl.
- Now add in the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley, onion, celery, bell peppers and Worcestershire sauce, and mix until well incorporated.
- Shell and devein shrimp. In a zip lock bag, add lime juice, tequila, olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and black pepper, then add the shrimp, and mix throughly in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill shrimp over direct heat for 2 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook. Enjoy, and serve with the Smoke Tuna Dip, crackers, celery sticks, carrots, and bell pepper slices.