The Ultimate Shrimp 'N Dip: Smoked Tuna Dip and Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp
Chips and dip are so old news. Make this smoked tuna dip with tequila lime grilled shrimp instead, courtesy of SmokyRibsBBQ. Mix up some grilled Cajun tuna steaks with lemon juice, cream cheese, parsley, red onion, and more. Serve it alongside shrimp marinated in a tequila, lime, and cumin for the ultimate dipping platter from the sea.
Smoked Tuna Dip and Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp
- 2 - 8 oz Fresh Yellow Fin Tuna Steaks
- 3 tbsp Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 2 tbsp butter
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh minced parsley
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 1 cup of try colored bell peppers minced
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of 16/20 count white shrimp
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Tequila
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- (Option: a pinch or two of cayenne pepper)
- Season the two fresh tuna steaks and season all sides with the Cajun/Creole seasoning.
- Set up a grill/smoker for indirect cooking, and using 2 to 3 alder wood chunks for smoke. Place tuna steaks on grate, and smoke at 225°F until internal temperature reaches a medium rare (125°F).
- Remove tuna steaks from the grill and wrap in foil and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Now break all the tuna apart into small pieces, and put into a mixing bowl.
- Now add in the softened cream cheese, lemon juice, parsley, onion, celery, bell peppers and Worcestershire sauce, and mix until well incorporated.
- Shell and devein shrimp. In a zip lock bag, add lime juice, tequila, olive oil, cumin, garlic salt, and black pepper, then add the shrimp, and mix throughly in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill shrimp over direct heat for 2 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook. Enjoy, and serve with the Smoke Tuna Dip, crackers, celery sticks, carrots, and bell pepper slices.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.