Mac & Cheese With Bell Pepper Bowls, Because Dishes Are the Worst
Smoking Blackberry Sage Margarita
- 2 ounces 100% agave silver tequila
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 8 blackberries
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Dash of orange bitters
- Dried sage leaves, to garnish
- Dry ice (NOTE: Always observe dry-ice safety measures. Never touch dry ice with bare skin and do not swallow.)
- To dry the sage leaves, place them on a tray in the oven and heat at 300°F for 10 minutes.
- Muddle the blackberries and sage together in a cocktail shaker until deconstructed and aromatic.
- Pour in the tequila, lemon juice, bitters, and maple syrup. Shake vigorously and strain into a cocktail glass over either a cube of dry ice (if using) or regular ice. Do not swallow the dry ice chips. Wait until the dry ice has smoked out and evaporated entirely before consuming the drink.
- Ignite the tip of the dried sage leaf to release the oil and aroma. Garnish and serve.