This Taco Costs as Much as a Car
SpaghettiOs Pizza Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12-inch pizza
- 12 ounces pizza dough (buy it fresh from any pizzeria)
- 1 handful all-purpose flour for dusting surfaces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can Original SpaghettiOs
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed
- Pizza stone
- Pizza peel
- Set a pizza stone on a rack in the top-third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500° for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, let pizza dough sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Working on a floured surface and using your fingers, press and stretch the dough ball out to a 12-inch round, working from the center toward the edge; avoid pressing on the outermost edge. Transfer the dough to a floured pizza peel.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil. Spread SpaghettiOs on the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle with fennel seeds and mozzarella. Top with sausage, breaking the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Slide the pizza off the peel and onto the pizza stone, opening and closing the oven door as quickly as possible. Bake until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden, about 8 minutes.
- Slide pizza back onto the peel to remove from oven. Cut into 8 slices, and serve immediately.