Spice Up Your Next Cookout With These Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
What do you get when you combine cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and fresh jalapeño peppers in one delicious, bacon-wrapped package? The correct answer: your new favorite snack. Spice enthusiasts and bacon lovers, take note: Ballistic BBQ's easy recipe for grilled jalapeño poppers will have you swooning. They have the perfect amount of kick to spice up any meal, making them a killer addition to your next cookout or game day table spread.
Grilled Jalapeño Poppers
Total Time: 1 hour
- 12 green jalapeño peppers
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Your choice of barbecue rub or seasoning
- Heat grill to 350°F to 375°F, using indirect heat.
- Slice jalapeño peppers lengthwise, and remove the seeds and membrane. Mince 2 peppers and reserve them for the filling.
- Make The Filling: In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and minced jalapeños. Mix thoroughly.
- Using a spatula, carefully fill each jalapeño half with the cream cheese filling.
- Starting on the stem side, wrap one slice of bacon around each jalapeño. Secure with a toothpick.
- Season the bacon-wrapped poppers with the barbecue rub of your choice.
- Place the poppers on the grill over indirect heat, with the cheese side up. Grill for approximately 35 to 45 minutes, or until the bacon becomes golden brown and tightens around the jalapeño.