Where the Wild Things Grow
Spicy Popcorn Chicken with Sriracha-Mayo Sauce
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenders
- Oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon chili (or paprika) powder
- Salt, to taste
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons Kashmiri chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cut the boneless chicken into 1-inch bite-sized pieces.
- Place the chicken in a medium-sized bowl, add the marinade, and coat thoroughly.
- Place the flour, buttermilk, and breadcrumbs next to each other along with the chicken.
- Lightly coat the chicken with flour, salt, and pepper. Dip it in buttermilk next, and then coat with breadcrumbs. Repeat for each piece of chicken, and keep placing them on the wire rack.
- Deep fry the coated chicken in batches until cooked through and lightly brown on the outside.
- In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the spice mix.
- Dust the fried chicken pieces with the spice mix. It’s best to do this while the chicken is hot (shortly after being removed from the fryer).
- Combine Sriracha-mayo sauce ingredients in small bowl, and stir well. Serve alongside the fried chicken.