With the 2016 games just days away, we thought we'd give a nod to this year's hosting country, Brazil, by whipping up this Leblon and Ask Men-inspired spicy spin on a caipirinha, their national cocktail. Pronounced cai-pe-reen-ya, this cocktail is made with mezcal, cachaça, fresh lime juice, pineapple juice, jalapeños, and more, making it the perfect drink to sip on while you watch 200+ countries duke it out.
Spicy Samba Pineapple Caipirinha
- 11/2 oz cachaça
- 1/2 oz mezcal
- 1/2 oz pineapple juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz honey syrup
- 1/4 oz ginger liqueur
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño, seeded and cut in half
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Break down pineapple and reserve pieces for garnish. Take the remaining pineapple and pulverize in a blender with a little water. Strain and set the juice aside.
- Slice two limes into wedges and set aside.
- In a shaker, add the slices of jalapeño, lime juice and honey syrup. Muddle to release oils from jalapeño. Fill the shaker with ice and add cachaça, mezcal, pineapple juice, and ginger liqueur. Shake vigorously.
- Fill a glass with ice and the lime wedges. Pour the drink over ice and top with more crushed ice. Sprinkle with cut up pineapple pieces and a bit of cayenne pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.