Eat Like a King With This Spicy Smoked Sausage Paella
Making paella doesn't have to be difficult, and BBQTricks is showing us how it's done. Get your hands on some rice, mini sausages, chicken wings, tomato soup, smoked kielbasa, and some jalapeños, and you'll be one step closer to making this meaty spin on a hearty paella.
Spicy Smoked Sausage Paella
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup parboiled white rice
- 2 cups water
- 12 mini smoked sausages
- 2 cups sliced smoked kielbasa
- 6 to 8 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced jalapeño peppers
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup green onions
- Over high heat / direct over hot charcoal, brown wings on all sides in a pan with olive oil. Add vegetables and allow to soften slightly.
- Add rice, tomato soup, and water to cover rice. Bring to a simmer over direct heat and then add sausages and smoked kielbasa layered on top. Then cover.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes without removing lid (or foil), until all water is absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.