Make This Spicy Summer Shandy Before Summer's End
Spice things up with Just Make Me Something's spicy summer shandy that's got homemade jalapeño honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice. Top it off with pale ale for a sweet and spicy beer cocktail that gives you the best of both worlds.
Spicy Summer Shandy
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- pale ale
- honey and salt rim
- 1/2 oz jalapeño honey syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- Finely slice a jalapeño pepper.
- In a saucepan, combine water and honey. Add in the jalapeños peppers and allow mixture to come to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Immediately place in fridge and allow syrup to cool completely.
- Using two plates, squeeze a thin layer of honey onto one plate and sprinkle a thin layer of salt onto the other. Take a highball glass and rim the glass with honey and proceed to rim with salt. Set aside.
- Take a lemon and a small pairing knife and gently peel a thin strip from the lemon in a spiral shape down the lemon. Set aside.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine syrup, lemon juice and gin. Shake vigorously, strain and pour into ice-filled rimmed glass.
- Top with beer and garnish with lemon twist and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.