Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Spicy & Sweet Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 block Cheddar cheese, cut into nine 1-inch cubes
- Green onions, to garnish (optional)
- 1 cup hot sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the cheese into 9 small cubes and set them aside.
- Combine the ground beef, Panko bread crumbs, onions, hot sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the ground beef and form it into a small ball. Gently make a well in the middle of the meatball and place cheese cube inside. Seal tightly and repeat with the remaining ground beef.
- Set the tray in the oven to bake for approximately 15-18 minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine the ingredients in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, and cook for 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool slightly. Cover with the sauce and diced green onions. Serve.