Make This Sushi Burrito at Home, Become a Snack Legend
Sriracha Mayo Recipe
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup walnut oil (or other neutral oil)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (or more to taste)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolk and dry ingredients.
- Combine vinegar and lemon juice in a separate bowl then thoroughly whisk half into the yolk mixture.
- Add oil, a few drops at a time, until the liquid thickens and lightens a bit (that’s called an emulsion). Then increase the oil flow to a constant stream.
- Add the rest of the lemon juice mixture. Continue whisking until it’s all incorporated.
- Finally, whisk in the Sriracha. It'll keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.