Candy corn and moonshine go surprisingly well: the sweet, marshmallow-like taste of the treat softens the bite of the liquor, without diminishing the spirit's trademark, burning kick on the palette. Given how much we love to infuse booze, we were obviously over the moon (sorry, we had to) when we stumbled across this cocktail recipe, which combines candy corn-infused moonshine, banana liqueur, and homemade whipped cream. The result? A delicious and aesthetically pleasing drink that resembles the candy itself, making it the perfect sipper for any Halloween party or pre-game.
Candy Corn Moonshine Cocktail
- 1 jar Original Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine
- 2 cups candy corn
- 1½ ounces banana liqueur
- Homemade whipped cream, to garnish (1 cup heavy whipping cream, ¼ cup confectioner's sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Take a Mason jar and fill it with candy corn. Add Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine to the rim (approximately half the bottle of liquor). Seal and let sit for 7-8 hours or overnight, shaking occasionally.
- Strain the moonshine through a coffee filter to extract the candy corn sediment. Discard the solids, and pour the infused moonshine back into a clean Mason jar.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and confectioner's sugar. Beat with an electric mixture until the material becomes pillowy and forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a cocktail glass, layer the banana liqueur, then moonshine, and finish with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve, and stir gently before tasting.