The Definitive Eggnog Recipe You Need for the Holidays
Steak Breakfast Pockets
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced flank steak, chopped to ½ inch pieces
- 3 tbsp. diced green bell peppers
- 3 tbsp. diced red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp. diced yellow bell peppers
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoons water, well beaten)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add meat and bell peppers; stir and cook until meat is no longer red and peppers are tender, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Cut puff pastry into four equal parts. Place filling in the center of each piece of puff pastry, making sure to leave a quarter inch border all the way around. Fold border toward center.
- Brush puff pastry border with egg wash. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Create a small shallow well in the center of filling.
- Crack an egg into each well and place back in oven for 4-6 minutes
- Remove, sprinkle on green onions and cilantro and enjoy!