Irish Hazelnut Cream Is the Boozy Winter Warmer You Needed
Bloody Mary Charbroiled Oysters
Yield: 4 dozen oysters
- 4 cups Bloody Mary mix (of your choice)
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 dozen fresh oysters on the half shell (48 pieces)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 bottle Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 handle vodka
- 1 bag rock salt
- Pour 4 cups of Bloody Mary mix into a large pot and bring to a simmer. Add the entire stick of butter, and let the mixture cook until half-reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Shuck each oyster, leaving the meat to rest in the bottom shell. Don't drain the liquor.
- Place the oysters on the grill, being careful not to let the liquor in each shell spill out. Grill them on indirect, high heat until you see the edges of the meat begin to curl up and plumpen.
- Remove the oysters from the grill and place them on a large serving tray covered with rock salt. Add 1-2 dashes of hot sauce on each oyster, followed by a splash of vodka and a generous spoonful of the Bloody Mary reduction. Top with fresh parsley leaves, and serve with lemon wedges on the side.