No One Loves You Except This Strawberry Gin Crush Cocktail
What's the one thing that's always been there for you? No, it's not a person -- it's the gin steadfastly tucked away in your liquor cabinet. Why not put it to good use with this strawberry gin crush cocktail by DrinksMadeEasy? We figure Valentine's Day is fast-approaching and you're likely contemplating whether or not you'll die alone. In lieu of company, misery also loves gin. And Chardonnay! Might as well make some space in your refrigerate while you're at it, no? Watch the video to learn how it's done, and remember: We love you.
Strawberry Gin Crush
- 6 mint leaves
- 1½ strawberries, stems removed
- 1 chocolate-covered strawberry
- 1+ strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ ounce strawberry simple syrup
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce Chardonnay
- Crushed ice, to serve
- First, prepare the chocolate-covered strawberry. In a double boiler or (2 bowls of different sizes), place hot water in the larger bowl and chocolate chips in the smaller bowl. Don’t allow any water to mix with the chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the strawberries and place either upside down on a clean surface or on wax paper to cool and harden. Set aside.
- To make the strawberry simple syrup, combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir. Remove from heat and let cool before straining out the solids. Store the remaining juice in a sealable vessel and refrigerate.
- To make the cocktail, combine the mint, strawberries, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, gin, and Chardonnay.
- Shake the mixture vigorously and strain it into a rocks or Collins glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with chocolate-covered strawberries, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.