Strawberry Gin Crush
- 6 mint leaves
- 1½ strawberries, stems removed
- 1+ strawberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce Chardonnay
- Crushed ice, to serve
- First, prepare the chocolate-covered strawberry. In a double boiler or (2 bowls of different sizes), place hot water in the larger bowl and chocolate chips in the smaller bowl. Don’t allow any water to mix with the chocolate. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the strawberries and place either upside down on a clean surface or on wax paper to cool and harden. Set aside.
- To make the strawberry simple syrup, combine the sliced strawberries, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer and stir. Remove from heat and let cool before straining out the solids. Store the remaining juice in a sealable vessel and refrigerate.
- To make the cocktail, combine the mint, strawberries, and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add ice, gin, and Chardonnay.
- Shake the mixture vigorously and strain it into a rocks or Collins glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with chocolate-covered strawberries, and serve.