Live Your Best Life With This Buzzin' Bee's Knees Cocktail
Stuck In The Middle
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ¼ ounce homemade grenadine (4 ounces fresh pomegranate juice/1 whole pomegranate, 4 ounces fine granulated sugar)
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 ounces sparkling apple cider
- Pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- Lemon twist, to garnish
- Make The Grenadine: Cut the pomegranate in half, and use a citrus juicer to extract the fluid. Try to disturb as little of the white membrane as possible. Pour the contents of the juicer (including the seeds) through a fine mesh strainer, and use a spoon to pulverize any of the seeds that did not already burst, extracting the juice. Pour the filtered juice into a Mason jar and add the granulated sugar, stirring until the latter is completely dissolved. Seal, shake, and store in the refrigerator.
- Fill a highball glass halfway with ice.
- Pour the vodka and homemade grenadine into the highball glass. Stuff a halved lemon into the glass, and pour the lemon juice and sparkling cider over it. Stir gently but thoroughly to combine.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, and serve.