Sweet potatoes: the healthy-ish alternative to the notorious French fry and the staple of any Thanksgiving feast. Why try to complicate a good thing by turning it into a weird toast or gut-busting s'more when you could kick back with a classic? Behold: Twisted's sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and pecan streusel. It's the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy AND sweet and savory. Convenient, right? Check out the video to see how it's done.
Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows & Pecan Streusel
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into large chunks
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Small pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 15 large marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Boil the sweet potato pieces in water until tender.
- Drain the pot, and then place the sweet potatoes back in before adding the sugar, cinnamon, butter, cream, and salt. Blend with a hand blender until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mix into a shallow baking dish. Place it in the oven to bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the topping (except for the marshmallows) in a medium-sized bowl and mix them thoroughly until combined.
- Remove the dish from the oven. Spoon half of the topping mixture over the sweet potatoes, and add half of the marshmallows. Repeat.
- Place the dish back in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.