Breakfast Bread Boats Are Here to Replace Your Bowls
Tater Tot Taco Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ears of corn, roasted on stove
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (28-ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- Toppings: olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan or dish with cooking spray. For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture; otherwise, prepare them as follows.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and the onion. Add the garlic towards the end of the browning process and cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Add the green chilies, taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn, and 2 cups of the cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared 9x13 pan or dish. Arrange tater tots on top of the mixture in a single layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the casserole as evenly as you can.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are nice and crispy. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with olives, cilantro, sour cream, and tomatoes. Serve immediately.