Everyone knows hot chocolate helps make winter more tolerable, and that adding a little peppermint schnapps to hot chocolate helps make hot chocolate better at making winter more tolerable. But what about when you need more than just schnapps to take the edge off? That's where tequila comes in, creating a doubly boozy warm winter libation powerful enough to make you forget about that disgusting gray slush pile you just stepped in.
Tequila Mint Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- Whipped cream
- Fresh mint leaves (to garnish)
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the cocoa, sugar, and salt. Then stir in the milk, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Turn the heat on to medium heat and stir the mixture constantly until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is hot.
- Take off of the heat. Add in the tequila and peppermint schnapps. Stir to to combine.
- Divide it evenly amongst four cups and top each with whipped cream and a sprig mint.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.