This Pizza Dip Lets You Throw a New Kind of Pizza Party
Teriyaki Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- ¾ cup Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ ripe pineapple, trimmed and sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- ½ small red onion, peeled and halved
- 1 whole jalapeño
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5.3 ounces pineapple yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon lime juice, or additional to taste
- First, tenderize chicken and add it to a large freezer bag or shallow dish. Cover with the Teriyaki marinade and toss until evenly coated. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- To make the grilled pineapple salsa, grease a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Grill the pineapple and the vegetables, uncovered, until tender and lightly charred all over. Some of the vegetables may grill faster than others, so plan accordingly. Remove from heat.
- Once the vegetables are cool enough to handle, dab off any excess oil with paper towels.
- Chop the pineapple, red bell peppers, and onions. Devein and deseed the jalapeño and dice it up (if you want more spice, save some of the seeds for plating).
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, cumin, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss until thoroughly and evenly dressed, and set aside.
- To make the pineapple lime cream, whisk together the pineapple yogurt, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the chicken to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook undisturbed for 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned (or blackened, if you prefer) on one side. Turn the chicken over and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for approximately 5-7 more minutes (depending on thickness of chicken) until cooked through entirely.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest 5 minutes before dicing it into small cubes.
- To build the tacos, place a generous amount of chicken at the bottom of each tortilla, followed by the cheese, pineapple salsa, crema, and cilantro. Serve immediately.