Terrifying but Tasty: Try This Bloody Orange Cocktail
Ah, Halloween: the only acceptable time of year to don a nurse's uniform and sprint down the block while covered in fake blood. If that's a little too exhibitionist for you, this cocktail recipe embodies the same spirit -- syringes, faux-splattered bodily fluids, and all. Another creepy concoction from our friends at DrinksMadeEasy, this bloody orange cocktail is actually delicious -- once you get past the fact that it looks absolutely terrifying (just remember: it's only raspberry purée).
Bloody Orange Cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Licor 43
- 2 ounces Orangina
- 1½ ounces raspberry syrup (2 cups fresh raspberries, ¼ cup sugar)
- Orange slices, to garnish
- Plastic syringes, to garnish (available at your local party store and/or hospital)
- Make The Raspberry Syrup: Add the raspberries to a food processor and blend thoroughly. Press the purée through a fine mesh strainer to extract the pulp and discard the seeds. In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, simmer the purée with ¼ cup sugar. Stir frequently and heat for approximately 10 minutes or until the mixture is thick and dark, remove from heat, and let it cool.
- Fill each syringe with raspberry syrup and set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka and Licor 43. Cover, shake well, and strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice.
- Top with a float of Orangina. Garnish with orange slices and plastic syringes, and serve.