The Ass Kick Cocktail Is Kick-You-in-the-Butt Good
Get your mouth hole ready for this Tuxedo No.2-inspired Ass Kick cocktail. Made with tequila, ginger beer, lime juice, and a simple pepperoncini-cucumber syrup, this cocktail will have you on your ass in no time.
The Ass Kick
- 1½ oz blanco tequila
- 2 oz ouzo
- ¾ oz lime juice
- 1 oz ginger beer
- 3 oz pepperoncini-cilantro simple syrup:
- 5 pepperoncini, divided
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup water, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- To make the pepperoncini-cilantro syrup, put 5 pepperoncini, cilantro and ½ cup water in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Combine blended peppers and cilantro, remaining water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Allow mixture to come to boil and reduce to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thick.
- Place syrup in fridge overnight, allowing the syrup to infuse the flavors completely.
- In a glass, fill halfway with ouzo. Slowly fill the remaining part of the glass with ice cold water and the liquid becomes milky in color.
- In a shaker filled with ice, shake up the tequila and lime juice.
- In a highball glass, pour in pepperoncini-cilantro syrup. Fill glass with ice. Pour in tequila mixture followed by the ouzo. Top of with ginger beer and garnish with jalapeño and cucumber. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.