These Onion Rings Are Stuffed With Cheeseburgers
The Ass Kick
- 1½ oz blanco tequila
- 2 oz ouzo
- ¾ oz lime juice
- 1 oz ginger beer
- 3 oz pepperoncini-cilantro simple syrup:
- 5 pepperoncini, divided
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup water, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- To make the pepperoncini-cilantro syrup, put 5 pepperoncini, cilantro and ½ cup water in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Combine blended peppers and cilantro, remaining water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Allow mixture to come to boil and reduce to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thick.
- Place syrup in fridge overnight, allowing the syrup to infuse the flavors completely.
- In a glass, fill halfway with ouzo. Slowly fill the remaining part of the glass with ice cold water and the liquid becomes milky in color.
- In a shaker filled with ice, shake up the tequila and lime juice.
- In a highball glass, pour in pepperoncini-cilantro syrup. Fill glass with ice. Pour in tequila mixture followed by the ouzo. Top of with ginger beer and garnish with jalapeño and cucumber. Serve.