This Bacon Cheeseburger Is Stacked With All the Best Fried Foods
Bacon and Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: 12 cups
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, divided
- 4 ounces pancetta or thick-cut bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups uncooked short-grain Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound butternut squash, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6-quart slow cooker
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Pour broth into a medium pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add pancetta, onion, and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are tender. Add rice; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until edges of kernels are translucent. Stir in wine. Cook about 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly, until wine is absorbed. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add hot broth and squash to the slow cooker and stir in the sage, salt, and pepper. Cover; set it to high heat and let it cook for 2 hours, stirring once halfway through. The risotto is done when the rice is al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Stir in the bacon, Parmesan, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Serve immediately.