These Mac & Cheese Nachos Just Won the Comfort Food Game
Boozy Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour, plus chilling time
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 8oz)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup eggnog
- ¼ cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 9-inch springform pan
- Preheat the oven to 325℉. Coat the inside of a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter with a fork until evenly moistened. Pour the crumbs into the pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1 inch up the sides. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggnog, rum, vanilla, and nutmeg; stir until just combined. Pour filling into the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Set the cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour water into the roasting pan until the water is halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan. Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook.
- Take the cheesecake out of the water bath and let it cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Loosely cover and chill it in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Unclip the pan and slice into 8 pieces, running the knife under warm water after each slice.