The Eclipse Cocktail Will Have You Seeing Stars
DrinksMadeEasy sticks to their guns with this simply celestial Eclipse cocktail. Muddle raspberries, blueberries, and mint with tequila and spiked ginger beer, then pour it over raspberry and blueberry ice for a cocktail that's a total eclipse of your heart (no, we're not sorry).
The Eclipse Cocktail
- 8 raspberries
- 12 blueberries
- a small handful of mint
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 3 oz lemon simple syrup (lemon juice, water, sugar)
- alcoholic ginger beer
- raspberry/blueberry ice block
- To make the lemon simple syrup, combine freshly squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup in a mixing glass and stir.
- To make the raspberry/blueberry ice block, place a small handful of raspberries and blueberries in the bottom of your glass. Fill slightly less than 1/3 of the way with water and place in your freezer until solid.
- To make the cocktail, muddle your raspberries, blueberries, and mint in a mixing glass. Add your tequila and lemon simple syrup, pour into a shaker full of ice and shake vigorously.
- Pour the cocktail into your glass with the raspberry and blueberries frozen in ice at the bottom.
- Garnish with berries, serve and enjoy.