The Must-Drink Cocktail for Every Witch on Halloween
From The Wizard of Oz to Harry Potter, you'll rarely find a witch without her trademark pointy hat. The iconic cap is a Halloween staple -- and apparently solid inspiration for theme cocktails, as evidenced by this recipe from our friends at DrinksMadeEasy. Whether you're looking to take a last minute costume to the next level or want a cocktail to match your all-black attire on the spookiest day of the year, try this winning combination of vodka, Chambord, dark cherries, and chocolate.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 drops black food dye
- 1 ounce Chambord
- 2 ounces dark cherry juice
- Simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar), to garnish
- Crushed chocolate wafers, to garnish
- In a food processor, blitz the chocolate wafers until they become a fine, crushed powder. Dip the rim of a martini glass into a plate of simple syrup, and then roll the rim in the wafer powder to coat it. Set aside.
- In a pint glass, combine the vodka with 1 to 2 drops of black food dye. Stir to combine.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the Chambord, cherry juice, and black vodka. Shake vigorously for approximately 20 seconds until well chilled. Strain the mixture into the garnished martini glass and serve.