The Single-Serve, Microwavable Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
In my opinion, pre-packaged Rice Krispies Treats don't hold a candle to homemade ones. That original recipe, though -- the one on the back of the cereal box -- yields enough for a middle-school bake sale. It's just too much treat for a bachelor/ette of reasonably healthy eating habits. Plus, cleaning that sticky pan is a nightmare.
When the mood strikes for a lil' something sweet, eschew the full recipe and just pop this in the microwave instead!
Single-Serve Rice Krispies Treat Recipe
Total Time: 2 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- Microwave butter and marshmallows in a glass bowl or mug for 30 seconds. The marshmallows will start puffing up, so keep an eye on them so they don’t flow over the edge of the bowl.
- Stir melted butter and marshmallows together until smooth. Mix in cereal until well blended.
- Eat it warm immediately or mold it into a square and let it cool.