Figgy Maple Bourbon Fizz
- 1 fresh fig, halved
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (the darker the better)
- 1 lemon wedge, for squeezing
- 3-4 dashes of vanilla coconut maple bitters or Angostura bitters
- 3 ounces of fig-infused bourbon
- Ginger beer
- To Infuse The Bourbon: Take a Mason jar and fill it halfway with fresh figs. Top with bourbon to the rim of the jar, seal, and let sit for 5-7 days, gently stirring it once a day. Once infused, strain bourbon through a tea strainer and transfer it to another clean jar for storage (the figs can be used to make a boozy jam, or discarded).
- In an old fashioned glass, pour 1 teaspoon of maple syrup, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and 2-3 dashes of bitters. Muddle the ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Add 1½ ounces of fig-infused bourbon, pour the contents into a cocktail shaker full of ice, and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the drink into an old fashioned glass over ice, top with a float of ginger beer, and stir gently.
- Poke a cocktail spear through the halved fig so that it rests on the rim of the glass, and serve.