Step Up Your Glaze Game With This Fireball Whiskey-Obsessed Chicken
Forget firecracker chicken -- Fireball whiskey glazed chicken is where it's at. This recipe from Twisted has everything we crave in a meal: it's sweet, spicy, appropriately sticky, a little bit smoky, and makes perfectly moist chicken even more delectable. We suggest you wait until after you've successfully prepared and cooked everything before you contemplate taking whiskey shots to toast the glorious feast that awaits you, but hey, live your life.
Fireball Whiskey Glazed Chicken
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- ½ cup Fireball whiskey
- 4 chicken legs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spring onion, diced (to serve)
- 2 red chilies, sliced (to serve)
- sour cream dip (to serve)
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 410°F.
- Make The Rub: In a medium-sized bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, light brown sugar, salt, chili powder, and onion powder. Mix well, and toss each chicken leg until generously and evenly coated with the rub.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out and cover it with tin foil. Turn the oven down to 320°F and cook the chicken for an additional 45 minutes.
- Make The Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine whiskey, red pepper jelly, tomato ketchup, granulated sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Cook over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring until the sauce becomes thick and glossy.
- Remove chicken legs from the oven, uncover, and glaze liberally. Broil for 1 minute to set the glaze in place.
- Slice the chicken legs into drums and thighs. Finish with diced spring onion, sliced red chilies, and serve with sour cream dip on the side.