Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
Fireball Whiskey Glazed Chicken
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- ½ cup Fireball whiskey
- 4 chicken legs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 spring onion, diced (to serve)
- 2 red chilies, sliced (to serve)
- sour cream dip (to serve)
- ¼ cup red pepper jelly
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 410°F.
- Make The Rub: In a medium-sized bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, light brown sugar, salt, chili powder, and onion powder. Mix well, and toss each chicken leg until generously and evenly coated with the rub.
- Place the chicken on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take the tray out and cover it with tin foil. Turn the oven down to 320°F and cook the chicken for an additional 45 minutes.
- Make The Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine whiskey, red pepper jelly, tomato ketchup, granulated sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Cook over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring until the sauce becomes thick and glossy.
- Remove chicken legs from the oven, uncover, and glaze liberally. Broil for 1 minute to set the glaze in place.
- Slice the chicken legs into drums and thighs. Finish with diced spring onion, sliced red chilies, and serve with sour cream dip on the side.