Tomatillo Bloody Mary
- For the cocktail:
- 2 oz chile infused vodka
- 4-5 oz green monster mix
- Cayenne pepper and salt for rim
- For the green monster mix:
- 2 medium (or 3 small) poached and chopped tomatillos
- 3 sprigs chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped cucumber
- 2 teaspoons seeded and diced chile peppers
- 1/4 cup diced roasted poblanos
- 1/4 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- pinch coriander
- pinch cumin
- pinch salt (regular)
- pinch black pepper
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
- 5 dashes green Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup pickle juice
- For the green monster mix: Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until very smooth. Transfer to a storage container, cover, and keep in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- For the vodka: Slice 2 chile peppers and place into a mason jar. Fill the jar with vodka and let soak for at least 24 hours.
- For the cocktail: Start by rimming your glass with a mix of salt and cayenne pepper. Add ice to your glass, then add infused vodka, and top with the green monster mix (approx. 4-5 oz).
- Garnish with anything from shrimp to steak and enjoy!