This Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich Proves You Really Can Have It All
Sweet or savory? If you've ever sat down to breakfast and agonized over which flavor route to take, relax -- Food Steez has you covered with a simple yet solid fix. Enter the glazed donut breakfast sandwich, an inventive combination of two morning staples: the pillowy, sugar-obsessed donut, and the timeless bacon and/or sausage, egg, and cheese.
Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 glazed donuts
- Pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Set the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain out any excess grease.
- In the same saucepan, add the breakfast sausage patties and season them with pepper. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side until well done. Top with sliced cheese, let it melt for 2 minutes, and remove the patties.
- Remove any excess grease from the saucepan, crack two eggs into it, and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks have begun to thicken but aren't over hard.
- Slice the donuts in half to create your "buns." Layer the cheese-topped sausage patty first, then add the bacon, the fried egg, and finish with the top donut half. Serve.