Sweet or savory? If you've ever sat down to breakfast and agonized over which flavor route to take, relax -- Food Steez has you covered with a simple yet solid fix. Enter the glazed donut breakfast sandwich, an inventive combination of two morning staples: the pillowy, sugar-obsessed donut, and the timeless bacon and/or sausage, egg, and cheese.
Glazed Donut Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 breakfast sausage patties
- 4 slices cheddar or American cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 glazed donuts
- Pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until crispy. Set the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain out any excess grease.
- In the same saucepan, add the breakfast sausage patties and season them with pepper. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side until well done. Top with sliced cheese, let it melt for 2 minutes, and remove the patties.
- Remove any excess grease from the saucepan, crack two eggs into it, and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook the eggs until the whites are set and the yolks have begun to thicken but aren't over hard.
- Slice the donuts in half to create your "buns." Layer the cheese-topped sausage patty first, then add the bacon, the fried egg, and finish with the top donut half. Serve.