Tequila & Fruit Punch Is the Only Thing Your Cinco de Mayo Party Needs
Don't be deceived by the pretty fruit; this juice packs a mean punch. There are three bottles of tequila in this bowl, which means being popular is a prerequisite. Good thing you won 2nd honorable mention Most Popular in your high school Senior Superlatives. And, you know, you’ve got that enormous bowl of delicious, boozy tropical punch.
Tropical Fruit Punch Recipe
Total Time: 4 hours chill time
Yield: 10 quarts (40 cups)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 oranges, sliced into small wedges
- 1 stalk lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 2 liters silver tequila
- 1 liter reposado tequila
- 3 quarts unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ½ quarts fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 8 mangos, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 apricots, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 limes, quartered
- 3 lemons, sliced
- 3 small ruby grapefruits, cut into small wedges
- 2 star fruits sliced into star shapes
- 2 liters grapefruit soda
- Place pineapple, oranges, and lemongrass in a 12-quart glass punch bowl or container. Add tequilas and juices; refrigerate overnight or at least 2 hours.
- Add mangos, apricots, limes, lemons, grapefruits, and star fruits; chill for 2 more hours.
- Top it off with grapefruit soda just before serving.