Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Dr. Pepper Cherry Pork Roast
- 4½ pounds pork roast
- 2 cups Dr. Pepper
- 4 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 jar (approximately 2 cups) cherry jam
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Using a butcher knife, score the pork roast. Place it in a baking tin, top with 1¼ cup Dr. Pepper, and let it marinate for 4 hours.
- Make The Glaze: In a small bowl, combine cherry jam, ¾ cup Dr. Pepper, and chili powder. Whisk thoroughly until the mixture becomes evenly glazey.
- Pat the pork roast with cheesecloth until dry and rub down with Kosher salt.
- Using a rotisserie spit rod, grill the pork roast over TK heat for TK minutes, glazing it generously with the sauce every 10 minutes.
- Slice roast, drizzle with the sauce, and serve.