No matter how it's acquired -- trick-or-treating, stealing your neighbor's supply, buying a bulk bag of fun-size chocolate bars because you deserve it -- there will inevitably be an excess of Halloween candy that you'll have to contend with come November 1st.
Rather than continue to painstakingly stuff your mouth with individually wrapped Snickers, Twix, and Butterfinger while you cry into your slutty Pizza Rat costume, fuse all your Halloween candy into one easy-to-eat chocolate slab. The semi-sweet chocolate foundation adds a welcome bitter bite to cut the sweetness and bring it all together into one cohesive snack.
These Onion Rings Are Stuffed With Cheeseburgers
How to eat Halloween candy, like an adult.
Posted by Thrillist on Sunday, October 25, 2015
Halloween Candy Bark Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour (5 minutes hands on)
Yield: about 1lb
- 1lb semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup Halloween candy, chopped
- 3oz white chocolate, melted
- Line a small baking sheet or cake pan with aluminum foil.
Pour melted chocolate into the pan and use a rubber spatula to spread it even. Sprinkle chopped candies over the chocolate and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Remove the pan from the fridge and drizzle white chocolate on top. Once it hardens, break the chocolate slab into pieces with a rolling pin, hammer, or heavy knife.