The Real Reason Chick-Fil-A Is Closed on Sunday
Thanksgiving Pop Tarts Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour, plus freezing time
- 2 boxes refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts)
- 1 cup Thanksgiving leftovers (shredded turkey, stuffing, gravy, yams, green beans, etc.) mashed together
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Unroll pie crusts and cut out 16 5x3-inch rectangles. Spoon 2 tablespoons of leftovers down the center of half of them. Top them with remaining rectangles. Using the tines of a fork, press down on the edges to seal them shut. Poke a few holes in the centers of each tart with a toothpick. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake frozen tarts uncovered until golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Immediately transfer tarts to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, granulated sugar, and water; simmer until jammy, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Spoon the glaze over the pop tarts and let them sit until glaze hardens, about 10 to 15 minutes.