Ultimate Breakfast Burger
Yield: 1 burger
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/8 pound fresh chorizo
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 3 pieces bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bun
- 1 slice of red onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresno pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 pickle
- 1 celery stalk
- Heat a waffle iron on medium-low and spray it with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef and chorizo. Salt and pepper the meat and form 2 thin patties of meat.
- Place the ground beef patties on two slots of the waffle maker. Cook for 3 and a half minutes. Open the waffle maker and top the burger waffles with cheddar cheese and chives. Close waffle maker and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove the patties from the waffle maker.
- In a frying pan, cook the bacon slices until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and drain the grease.
- Crack both eggs in the pan and cook until sunny side up. Remove cooked eggs and set aside.
- Brown the inside of the bun in the pan for 30 seconds, then remove.
- Time to assemble the burger. Place the bottom bun on the plate and place on one waffle burger. Add the slice of red onion, a fried egg, two slices of bacon, the second waffle burger, the second fried egg, and the top bun.
- For garnish, take a skewer and skew a cherry tomato, jalapeño, fresno pepper, pickle, celery stalk, and the last piece of bacon. Push skewer through the burger.
- Dig in!