Smashing a burnt marshmallow between two graham crackers will definitely give you nostalgia of when you were an awkward 13-year-old at camp trying to make out with Ashley L. while wondering if melted 'mallow and chocolate were in your braces. But there's no need to subject yourself to that again. These waffles taste just like graham cracker, but they're bigger and have craters to catch all the gooey mess. Who would want to go back to regular s'mores after that? Ashley L., for one, would not. We promise.
Waffle S'mores Recipe
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup untoasted wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Whisk until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, butter, honey, and eggs until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Pour a ½ cup of the mixture onto the hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown, following the manufacturer's instructions for timing.
- Leave the waffle in the iron and top with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Once toppings melt, transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Repeat until you have 6 waffles.
- Eat open faced with a fork and knife, or sandwich two waffles together and cut them into quarters.